THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:04 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
I know its pre season snd lesser opposition but matt dennis has been nothing short of superb in the first couple of games. I slways thought he possessed the physical traits but if hes adding the other bits under dome proper coaching now we could be ontk a winner.

Waller as well and tripp are some serious players we have on our hands! If waller can add some bulk he could be a aerious bpcb for years to come! He breaks the lines like harry darling

With Matt Dennis it may well be that he has had a 'penny drops' moment as he really seems a different player since Mike came in. This time last year if he had been released it would have been met with a shrug now it looks like he will be pushing for regular first team games.

I'm still yet to be convinced.

He's had moments in his whole time here, but it's never been more than that so far. I believe it's the last year of his contract here and probably last chance saloon. I hope he takes inspiration from Dean last year and takes the opportunity with both hands, but at this moment in time, he has to prove he has more than talent and moments.

Me too. For me, he’s a National League player. He’s sounded promising in pre-season but look at the opposition we’ve played.

If he does well against Portsmouth and/or Plymouth then maybe I’ll start to give it a bit more attention.

I am the opposite. I have always thought Dennis has something about him and that it was mainly a shitty attitude holding him back. MW always speaks positively of him and we started to see some glimpses of the player he could be for a short spell between injuries last year. I think Mike might be the right manager to really make Dennis click. My bold prediction is that Dennis will have a Dean like impact for us this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:23 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
I know its pre season snd lesser opposition but matt dennis has been nothing short of superb in the first couple of games. I slways thought he possessed the physical traits but if hes adding the other bits under dome proper coaching now we could be ontk a winner.

Waller as well and tripp are some serious players we have on our hands! If waller can add some bulk he could be a aerious bpcb for years to come! He breaks the lines like harry darling

With Matt Dennis it may well be that he has had a 'penny drops' moment as he really seems a different player since Mike came in. This time last year if he had been released it would have been met with a shrug now it looks like he will be pushing for regular first team games.

He's had moments in his whole time here, but it's never been more than that so far. I believe it's the last year of his contract here and probably last chance saloon. I hope he takes inspiration from Dean last year and takes the opportunity with both hands, but at this moment in time, he has to prove he has more than talent and moments.

Me too. For me, he’s a National League player. He’s sounded promising in pre-season but look at the opposition we’ve played.

If he does well against Portsmouth and/or Plymouth then maybe I’ll start to give it a bit more attention.

I am the opposite. I have always thought Dennis has something about him and that it was mainly a shitty attitude holding him back. MW always speaks positively of him and we started to see some glimpses of the player he could be for a short spell between injuries last year. I think Mike might be the right manager to really make Dennis click. My bold prediction is that Dennis will have a Dean like impact for us this year.

Not doubting his talent, it's more his attitude/application/mentality and ability to showcase his talent on a consistent basis.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:52 pm 

Anyone go last night?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:05 am 

BuckDon wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Not doubting his talent, it's more his attitude/application/mentality and ability to showcase his talent on a consistent basis.

And he has had two years to sort that out. Boatang is a prime example of how you can come back a better player from a loan and cement a first team place. Dennis doesn't seem to be anywhere near that standard and for one I can't see him being in a squad let alone being the leading man. I hope and want to be proved wrong, but at the moment he is still 3rd choice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:29 am 

BuckDon wrote:
Anyone go last night?

If they did, hopefully they took some binoculars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:22 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Anyone go last night?

If they did, hopefully they took some binoculars

:lol: I noticed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:19 pm 

Very strong starting 11 today. New RWB and Carroll in for Williams would make it even stronger.

Do we know how serious Lemon’s injury is?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:27 pm 

https://x.com/MKDonsFC/status/181718331 ... gr%5Etweet

Full line-up here. Shame not to have Ilunga or Woods on the bench given how light we are in both WB positions. Pritchard is a CAM usually, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:56 pm 

Ilunga seems to be a bit of a mystery, really highly thought of before but doesn't seem to be anywhere near MW's plans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:08 pm 

Rookie wrote:
Ilunga seems to be a bit of a mystery, really highly thought of before but doesn't seem to be anywhere near MW's plans

Never really rated him to be honest. Don’t think he’s good enough.

Don’t think he impressed much during his 2nd spell at Wealdstone last season either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next