THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty Sorinola
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:24 am 

Hes had a few good games and a lot of average ones, time to shit or get off the toilet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:49 am 

Plaudit Ales wrote:
Hes had a few good games and a lot of average ones, time to shit or get off the toilet

He's very young and I'm happy to give him time. At the moment, he's mostly ineffective, with poor decision making. And he's playing on the left when he might prefer the right. But he has talent. Whether he succeeds depends on a few things - luck (injuries etc), how much effort he puts in to his development (physical and tactical) and the choices he makes about who he plays for. But he certainly has a shot at becoming a very good player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:09 am 

Plaudit Ales wrote:

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:47 pm 

If this is correct, it’s understandable if he’s looking elsewhere.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... ynes-dons/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:51 pm 

There’s a 0% chance any of that is correct

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 am 

dons50 wrote:
If this is correct, it’s understandable if he’s looking elsewhere.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... ynes-dons/

We can't pay him anymore if he won't sign a new contract!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:06 pm 

Contrast how Sorinola is behaving compared to Dele when he left. Dele signed a new contract just before he left to ensure we got a transfer fee. I always admire that about him.

Despite Sorinola being brought on by the club this season and given his chance, he is now just looking out for himself. Loads of stories on the web (probably placed by his agent) of how Leeds or West Ham can get him for free at the end of the season. Naive of me to hope he would behave like Dele I guess, and probably not many would, but very disappointing all the same.

I wonder if his agent is also Kasumu's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:37 pm 

Hawk Eye wrote:
Contrast how Sorinola is behaving compared to Dele when he left. Dele signed a new contract just before he left to ensure we got a transfer fee. I always admire that about him.

Despite Sorinola being brought on by the club this season and given his chance, he is now just looking out for himself. Loads of stories on the web (probably placed by his agent) of how Leeds or West Ham can get him for free at the end of the season. Naive of me to hope he would behave like Dele I guess, and probably not many would, but very disappointing all the same.

Thing was in that season Dele left he had contributed a fair amount and IIRC he was 3rd top goalscorer after Grigg and Afobe. Plus we knew he was good enought to play at the top table. Sorinola has done very little and apart from Fulham u21's last season I really cant think of a game he has influenced, not to say there hasnt been any, i just cant remember them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:57 pm 

Hawk Eye wrote:

Completely different story. Dele was first team week in and week out. Playing for England youth sides, and effectively had his pick of the clubs. So being patient wasn't a burden - the right club(s) would always be there and grow the better and more frequently he performs. He wasn't jumping at the first option - but he was also getting regular football so a rush wasn't needed. He was also an MK boy born and bred. Sorinola isn't. That feeling of owing the club goes somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 am 

Quote:
Hawk Eye wrote:

Completely different story. Dele was first team week in and week out. Playing for England youth sides, and effectively had his pick of the clubs. So being patient wasn't a burden - the right club(s) would always be there and grow the better and more frequently he performs. He wasn't jumping at the first option - but he was also getting regular football so a rush wasn't needed. He was also an MK boy born and bred. Sorinola isn't. That feeling of owing the club goes somewhere.

He still stuck a hurdle in front of a few clubs going for him and probably cut down his options significantly by signing it. But yes I appreciate it is very different circumstances between the 2. But I cant help feeling it would been win win for both Sorinola and the club for him to stick around and develop a bit more, ie learn to play decent cross for starters. You can see how much he has come on this season and another season with a new contract playing at the sharp end has got to beat a bit part elsewhere. Looks like it way to late now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next