THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:10 pm 

Genuinely cannot believe how many times I’m seeing Schumacher’s name mentioned.

Just because we have a bit more financial power than we used to, doesn’t mean we’re going to be recruiting a Championship level manager.

Not a chance he comes here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:44 pm 

Schumacher is pie in the sky. We are 5th bottom of league 2!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:15 pm 

Zen wrote:
Schumacher is pie in the sky. We are 5th bottom of league 2!

He might have a formula to get us out. Route 1.
We could abbreviate this to Formula 1.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:02 pm 

FilthyD wrote:
His comments directly responding to the vacancy are more telling than your typical manager's response when linked to jobs.

I read it as a "come and get me".

I do think he's a very good coach. Seems a very person-oriented guy, the type who can talk a player round and give a decent team talk - the opposite impression I get of Williamson.

Anyone have any doubts please watch the 'Masterclass' video on the Coaches Voice YouTube channel where he talks in details about how he approached the two play-offs games with us. Very detail oriented, loves his job. Can't imagine Williamson talking with that much detail and enthusiasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpRksQnFYpQ

Him or Schumacher I feel would be the best to hit the ground running with this squad, but Lindsey would be my strong preference now.

That YouTube video has basically just destroyed MW in 15 mins. Predictable and easy to out think. Really wish we could get Lindsay or someone even half as good.
If any L2 manager watched the video they'd have worked out how to stop us and the same would be true of Carlisle when he gets his claws in to them properly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:10 pm 

Scott Lindsey is probably the obvious choice and the one I’d prefer, but would he be prepared to drop down again?

I see Gareth Ainsworth is 14/1 to get the job, can you imagine the meltdown if that happened :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:24 am 

Scribble wrote:
Scott Lindsey is probably the obvious choice and the one I’d prefer, but would he be prepared to drop down again?

I see Gareth Ainsworth is 14/1 to get the job, can you imagine the meltdown if that happened :lol:

Nigel Clough is also being widely tipped. I'm of the belief that any lower league manager who's out of work will automatically be in the frame for any vacancy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:22 am 

Gers wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Nigel Clough is also being widely tipped. I'm of the belief that any lower league manager who's out of work will automatically be in the frame for any vacancy.

Tipped by who? That Paul guy on Facebook? Immediately disregard that then. Pretty sure he’s got some form of mental illness that causes him to continuously make up fake rumours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:43 am 

Scribble wrote:

I would be happy if Scott Lindsey got the job.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:02 am 

There were a lot of eyebrows raised when Lindsay left Swindon to go to Crawley. I don't think it would be a huge shock that he would be interested if we were to approach him. That's a big IF as I think many are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. He might not even be high on the shortlist for all we know, but from the outside, does seem like a very good fit.

What I do know is that we have avoided a huge severance cost and gained in the process. We should have plenty of ammunition to be bold and brave in our next appointment. The CEO appointment is a clue in the calibre we can attract.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:04 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Scribble wrote:

I would be happy if Scott Lindsey got the job.

Has he got a bit of the Martin Allen about him ? Single minded, no nonsense, get on with it...?I

Good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next