THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:52 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to Mike and his team of coaches, will admit I wasn’t keen earlier in the week but will now be behind him 100%, this must be a great move for him personally with his family still living in the NE, moving to a proper football club rather than a soulless place like MK. Let’s not judge him on Saturdays result either he’s gonna need time to get our players to understand and implement his playing style it’s also good he’s already worked with some of our current squad. Onwards and hopefully upwards COYB

Quote:
And let’s not read to much into what MK fans have been saying about there team lately after al don’t we all moan about ours managers when things aren’t going well, I bet all fans whose teams are currently struggling regardless which league your in are moaning and wanting a change too

Thats it, he only failed because it's a soulless place and we've only been moaning because of a slightly poor run. :lol: this might be a fun forum to keep tabs on

GA is doing well at Bradford after being one of our worst managers so maybe MW could be alright at Carlisle. It's his second season that I'd be worried about when he has taken all the passion and drive out of the players and he's gotten rid of anyone who wants to shoot from more than 5 yards out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:53 am 

I don't think I've ever known us quite so unanimous in wanting a manager out, I don't think even Nielsen drew this much universal condemnation of his tactics.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:58 am 

Oakeedokee wrote:
I don't think I've ever known us quite so unanimous in wanting a manager out, I don't think even Nielsen drew this much universal condemnation of his tactics.

At least he had passion and fight. Also we were good against Hyde United in the cup.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:03 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:

Ehm did you miss the GA era... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:04 pm 

Well, apart from the GA era....... :lol: But at least he had a bit of grit. Not a wet lettuce.

Last edited by Oakeedokee on Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:05 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:

Not so sure on that. Neilson and Alexander had a lot more hate and demands to sack that MW.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:08 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

Not so sure on that. Neilson and Alexander had a lot more hate and demands to sack that MW.

The level of vitriol was different. They certainly had more anger aimed at them but I'm not sure they had a unanimous fanbase wanting them out, Alexander certainly didn't.

Everything around Williamson seems more passive, like a 'I wanted it to work, it didn't, best we part ways'.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:11 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:

I think time might have altered your memory somewhat. He was an odious individual on top of not being a remotely good manager for us. The loathing was more or less universal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:24 pm 

The club put some training photos up this morning before deleting them. I suspect it showed Ray Lewington in them (like the accidentally did last time)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:41 pm 

I think it was right he moved on, but I liked Williamson and good luck to him. Some managers you despise but Mike's not one of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next