THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:45 pm 

Hereford-Don wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Reluctantly, we probably have to look at Sweeting now too.

Ever since the Twine golden year, recruitment has been shite.

Finally ! Teflon Sweeting finally under pressure

Because two or three on here want him out? :lol:

The squad is a step up from last season. So let's not change everything at once. MW out and see what a new gaffer can produce.

Sweeting will probably go long term when the new owners put their own man in. But for now, he is not the key issue. The head coach needs to fuck off. And that's it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:07 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Hereford-Don wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Reluctantly, we probably have to look at Sweeting now too.

Ever since the Twine golden year, recruitment has been shite.

Finally ! Teflon Sweeting finally under pressure

Because two or three on here want him out? :lol:

The squad is a step up from last season. So let's not change everything at once. MW out and see what a new gaffer can produce.

Sweeting will probably go long term when the new owners put their own man in. But for now, he is not the key issue. The head coach needs to fuck off. And that's it.

What does Sweeting actually do that a savvy manager couldn't? Can anyone answer me this? No one is saying we should be playing hoof ball, if you recruit the right manager and actually back them, then the style of play will look after itself.

It wouldn't hurt Sweeting to try and find a few good loan players whilst he's at it, that's another thing that has gone backwards.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:23 pm 

The club needs a proper Director of Football to be honest. Not saying Sweeting is no good - I think our player recruitment has been good. But the structure will inevitably change as the club hopefully professionalises itself with the new owners.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:32 pm 

He's gotta go man, it's so fucking obvious...

He is "beige" - and I reckon that is the most insulting and apt description of him. But true nonetheless. He's a fucking mind numbing monotonous bore. His football is barely worth putting up with his personality.

Get him gone.

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:35 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
With no obvious replacement

Did you think Williamson, Manning, Jacko, Micchiche, Martin, Robbo, Di Matteo, Ince were all obvious candidates?

I think in 20 years and 14 permanent managers only really Tisdale and Alexander could be considered 'obvious replacements'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:43 pm 

It isn't our job to think of "obvious replacements"... the obvious one is, he isn't the right one.

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:14 pm 

Bring back Jacko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:31 am 

Yeah woooooo guy who got us relegated woooop

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:36 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Yeah woooooo guy who got us relegated woooop

He's big down under.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:34 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
With no obvious replacement

Did you think Williamson, Manning, Jacko, Micchiche, Martin, Robbo, Di Matteo, Ince were all obvious candidates?

I think in 20 years and 14 permanent managers only really Tisdale and Alexander could be considered 'obvious replacements'

No I didn't think they were obvious, they were the choice of Pete and then Liam S; the point I was making is do the new owners want another Liam S pick if he may be on his way out in their restructure? If they don't want a Liam S pick then they have to pick someone or have a caretaker for a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next