THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telly
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:42 am 

DippyDon wrote:
House of the Dragon Season 2 premiered overnight... and I'm interested in the perspective of those that haven't read the accompanying book and don't know what's to come.

I watched the latest episode last evening. Vast improvement, if somewhat grisly. Didn't really need to see a decapitated infant, but it was much, much better. It was an hour and a half long, are they all that length?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:18 am 

Gers wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
House of the Dragon Season 2 premiered overnight... and I'm interested in the perspective of those that haven't read the accompanying book and don't know what's to come.

I watched the latest episode last evening. Vast improvement, if somewhat grisly. Didn't really need to see a decapitated infant, but it was much, much better. It was an hour and a half long, are they all that length?

There’s only 8 episodes so like the latter seasons of Game of Thrones there’s more variety but most will be over an hour, but from the information I’ve seen it seems that the length is dependent on the CG budget. AKA the more dragon action, the shorter the episode.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:47 pm 

Just watched a three part documentary about Run DMC - excellent!

It's on Sky Documentaries.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:07 pm 

Mr big stuff - dast paced 24 minute episodes. Mives very quickly and hilarious throughout! Starring ryan sampson from plebs and danny dyer as well as adrian scarborough from gavin and stacey.

And the goat geoff bell.

Genuinely found this laugh out loud and engaging from start to finish!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:44 am 

Dark Matter

A TV mini series on Apple TV, which I'm not a subscriber of but used the 7 day free trial. Not watched a series in ages but binged this one in a couple days. Just found myself always wanting to know what happens next and engrossed in the story.

If anyone has watched it and has any similar Sci Fi suggestions, please do share. Not Star Wars type stuff, but more physics/universe etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:37 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Dark Matter

A TV mini series on Apple TV, which I'm not a subscriber of but used the 7 day free trial. Not watched a series in ages but binged this one in a couple days. Just found myself always wanting to know what happens next and engrossed in the story.

If anyone has watched it and has any similar Sci Fi suggestions, please do share. Not Star Wars type stuff, but more physics/universe etc.

Dark on Netflix. It's outstanding. It's in German, but don't let that out you off. I've done a review on this thread, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:58 pm 

Gers wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dark Matter

Dark on Netflix. It's outstanding. It's in German, but don't let that out you off. I've done a review on this thread, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Yup, watched that a year or so ago. Really enjoyed it as well. You can watch it dubbed, but I’m pretty sure I watched it in German too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dark Matter

Yup, watched that a year or so ago. Really enjoyed it as well. You can watch it dubbed, but I’m pretty sure I watched it in German too.

It's so good that I've decided to rewatch. On episode 2. Think I'll get more out of it on a second viewing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:38 pm 

Gers wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dark Matter

It's so good that I've decided to rewatch. On episode 2. Think I'll get more out of it on a second viewing.

Don’t blame you. Definitely feels like one of those shows where you’ll spot a lot more things watching it back

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:30 am 

Filth wrote:
Gers wrote:
Filth wrote:
Silo

Another AppleTV+ show set in a dystopian future about people living in an underground silo for decades after being told the outside world is poisonous. Very well made and worth checking out. The whole first series (10 episodes) is on there now. Decent cast - Rebecca Ferguson, Tim Robbins and others. They've already filmed the second series.

7.5/10

I gave Silo a go, but gave up on it. I'm about to be sat on my arse for a considerable amount of time, so I'll probably give it another shot, but to be honest it didn't grab me.

To be honest it's a bit pedestrian for the middle few filler episodes but last 3-4 episodes it delivers. Final episode leaves you wanting more.

So I forgot to cancel my free Apple TV subscription so wanted to make use of the month I now have.

Silo was recommended to me. Now, having just come off the back of Dark Matter, I didn’t think Silo was as gripping, initially. It was a slow burner with some pretty dull stuff in the middle. However, as you say, the last 3-4 episodes had me gripped! I’m now sat here desperate for Season 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next