THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:29 pm 

I would think, with a second year in League 2 in front of the club, that the likes of Ilunga, Scholtz, Sandford, Waller, Anker & Tripp will get incorporated more to keep the wage bill manageable.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 pm 

Chadman wrote:
I would think, with a second year in League 2 in front of the club, that the likes of Ilunga, Scholtz, Sandford, Waller, Anker & Tripp will get incorporated more to keep the wage bill manageable.

Don't think Ilunga is good enough. Reckon he'll be released in the summer if he's out of contract. Same goes for Sandford.

Out of the players you've listed, Waller and Tripp seem to be our biggest prospects. My biggest concern is their size if they're both now CB's, as they're very, very lightweight. Give their age, this isn't uncommon but can you imagine Tripp playing CB against someone like Cole Stockton or Matt Smith?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:19 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Chadman wrote:

Don't think Ilunga is good enough. Reckon he'll be released in the summer if he's out of contract. Same goes for Sandford.

Out of the players you've listed, Waller and Tripp seem to be our biggest prospects. My biggest concern is their size if they're both now CB's, as they're very, very lightweight. Give their age, this isn't uncommon but can you imagine Tripp playing CB against someone like Cole Stockton or Matt Smith?

I'm not sure they can be relied on in a full time basis, but I expect we see them in the squad more often. Waller looks like he can handle it- needs to fill out some. Stirland too.

Be interested to see the development of Lewis-Burgess in the midfield too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a few older heads added to the squad. I think Waller's debut he had Lewie & Anthony Stewart either side to protect him. That kind of thing makes sense.

I quite like Anthony Stewart tbh. I wouldn't be against having him back on a full time basis. He's been through this league & knows how to handle himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:35 pm 

Chadman wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Chadman wrote:

I'm not sure they can be relied on in a full time basis, but I expect we see them in the squad more often. Waller looks like he can handle it- needs to fill out some. Stirland too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a few older heads added to the squad. I think Waller's debut he had Lewie & Anthony Stewart either side to protect him. That kind of thing makes sense.

I quite like Anthony Stewart tbh. I wouldn't be against having him back on a full time basis. He's been through this league & knows how to handle himself.

Would be typical us to sign Stewart again. He has been here for a season and a half and barely kicked a ball !!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 pm 

Releasing Sandford would be harsh given his injury, but I could see us offer another 2 year deal with the thought of it being make or break.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:05 pm 

Zen wrote:
Chadman wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Chadman wrote:

Would be typical us to sign Stewart again. He has been here for a season and a half and barely kicked a ball !!

He has to be Sweeting's worst signing.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 pm 

A back 3 of Stewart, Tripp & Waller at some point in winter / spring 2024. Would that've been any worse than what we've seen.... At a guess better.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:03 pm 

Mo is rumoured to be on pretty big wages, so will be a big saving off the wage bill.

I would like to see Tripp have more opportunities next season. I am intrigued to see whether MW has any interest in bringing one or two through. I am not sure anyone really had an opportunity last season, but I think 1 or 2 being thrown in with some experienced pro's when the time is right would be good to see.

I think Nombe & Kasumu were the last players to really push through and claim a first team spot. Tripp looks like he has a chance, providing he gets the exposure and opportunity. I cant really speak for many of the others, but hes been the one who has caught my eye, particularly in some of the pre season games.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:32 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Chadman wrote:

Tripp could well have a breakout season here. I've seen him play a few times and he is exactly what MW wants, with great confidence on the ball, excellent passing, and the ability to play wingback or midfield if need be. He was our best player against Barnet in preseason and never broke sweat.

You would need a very experienced, solid CB alongside him to cope with the real heavyweights. I don't know who is available because I want both our current CBs to be turned into glue, to be quite frank.