THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:15 am 

I'm in a minority here but I'm very happy that Lewis bate will never play for us again. 0 goals 0 assists a number of sloppy passes in defence that lead to goals, an absolute refusal to take a shot at any time, too small to win a header, too weak to win a battle and without the defensive know how to be in the right position. He's just a more skillful version of Robson.

Next season can we please focus on getting in a central midfielder partnership who can actually defend.

I'd keep,
Lewie, Gilbey, Tomlinson, Kelly (as backup).

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:16 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Hopefully the retained list is very short.

Gilbey
Lewie
End

Gilbey was shit today and has been shit too often for our "captain". He can toddle off like the rest of them. Genuinely the only players I'd keep at this stage are Dean, Tomlinson and Bate. But one of those is being sold for sure and one is only on loan. All the others can go so we can reset and start to get behind a new group of players - hopefully with more bottle.

Come off it. He wasn’t good over the last 2 games but overall he’s been a sensation for us. Good knows where we’d be without him this season.

Dean and Gilbey by far the stand out players this season.

Bate also very good too.

Gilbey is a big part of the mentality problem we have with this squad. He's the captain, he does all the fist-bumping and badge kissing stuff. He'll play well when things are going well but retreats into his shell when the chips are down. He is too hot and cold, and was FREEZING last night. He wasnt just 'not good' he was terrible. That attempt to lift the ball into the open goal in the first half was atrocious. That could have changed the entire mood right there and then.

I really want to like the guy. I was gutted when he left originally and over the moon when he came back. But we need to reset the squad and mindset - and I think we need to really objectively ask if he is good enough for where we want to be, physically and mentally.

Gilbey is one of three that I have no problem staying. This is a man who played a pivotal part in Stevenage last season and I would say scapegoating him is insane. It's the others that let him down. Crawley knew he was out only creative outlet in midfield and he didn't get a chance. He is fine by me. It's bate and wearne I don't get. But I am sure someone will tell me why those two get a free pass

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:18 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Gilbey
Lewie
End

Gilbey was shit today and has been shit too often for our "captain". He can toddle off like the rest of them. Genuinely the only players I'd keep at this stage are Dean, Tomlinson and Bate. But one of those is being sold for sure and one is only on loan. All the others can go so we can reset and start to get behind a new group of players - hopefully with more bottle.

Come off it. He wasn’t good over the last 2 games but overall he’s been a sensation for us. Good knows where we’d be without him this season.

Bate also very good too.

Gilbey is a big part of the mentality problem we have with this squad. He's the captain, he does all the fist-bumping and badge kissing stuff. He'll play well when things are going well but retreats into his shell when the chips are down. He is too hot and cold, and was FREEZING last night. He wasnt just 'not good' he was terrible. That attempt to lift the ball into the open goal in the first half was atrocious. That could have changed the entire mood right there and then.

I really want to like the guy. I was gutted when he left originally and over the moon when he came back. But we need to reset the squad and mindset - and I think we need to really objectively ask if he is good enough for where we want to be, physically and mentally.

Gilbey is one of three that I have no problem staying. This is a man who played a pivotal part in Stevenage last season and I would say scapegoating him is insane. It's the others that let him down. Crawley knew he was out only creative outlet in midfield and he didn't get a chance. He is fine by me. It's bate and wearne I don't get. But I am sure someone will tell me why those two get a free pass

I beleve Bate can be a good player, but after the 1st few games Wearne couldn't or wouldn't deliver.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:18 am 

Gandi_Olfston wrote:
I'm in a minority here but I'm very happy that Lewis bate will never play for us again. 0 goals 0 assists a number of sloppy passes in defence that lead to goals, an absolute refusal to take a shot at any time, too small to win a header, too weak to win a battle and without the defensive know how to be in the right position. He's just a more skillful version of Robson.

Next season can we please focus on getting in a central midfielder partnership who can actually defend.

I'd keep,
Lewie, Gilbey, Tomlinson, Kelly (as backup).

Im with you on bate. Runs round a lot but has done fuck all since being here. Can't defend. Doesn't create. But for some reason people like him. As my non MK supporting mate said he looks like grelish but with 1% of the talent. Which is accurate

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:22 am 

Forget about listing players to leave, list too long.

Be easier to list those to keep (and you'll find 1 or 2 of those will be sold anyway to make way for more cheap "potential")

Just look at goals conceded & you'll see that the reason for last seasons relegation & for this season not getting promotion back to L1

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Harvie got a rating of 3.3 on fotmob and 4.4 on whoscored. I've never seen a player get as low as rating. Marschall got 4.1 and 4.9.

Harvie defended like a child as well as tucker. I said in the line up thread before kick off that both needed to be dropped or we would concede at will, just as we have for weeks now. Those two are incapable of defending properly in big games and they were a disgrace last night. They have defensive brains and hearts the size of a pea. We would have been better with Stewart and Tommy smith back there for the second half of the season as at the very least those 2 could head it and clear it.
Harrison, Gilbey, Tomlinson, Lewington and Kelly as a reserve keeper- that is who I would keep.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:34 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Gilbey
Lewie
End

Bate also very good too.

I beleve Bate can be a good player, but after the 1st few games Wearne couldn't or wouldn't deliver.

Wearne looked like a pub player for the past 6 weeks . Insane he wasn’t dropped.

Bate’s contribution to the cause was to make Jack Payne worse- our best period this season was Payne playing deep , when bate came along he went back there and we got worse

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:13 pm 

Players I'd keep:
Dean
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Norman (as a squad player)
Harrison

I'd also try to keep hold of Bate and Payne, but on the basis that they won't start together in a midfield 2. I've been saying for months that it just doesn't work. They're both good players but we lack any defensive presence or physicality with those two in the middle.

I'd also try to get Tezgel back if we can. The kid looks pretty good.

Other than that, they can all go.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:20 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Players I'd keep:
Dean
Gilbey
Tomlinson
Norman (as a squad player)
Harrison

I'd also try to keep hold of Bate and Payne, but on the basis that they won't start together in a midfield 2. I've been saying for months that it just doesn't work. They're both good players but we lack any defensive presence or physicality with those two in the middle.

I'd also try to get Tezgel back if we can. The kid looks pretty good.

Other than that, they can all go.

Bate can fuck off really don't understand how people see much in him. You know a loan player maybe shit when he has had to drop down a level from where he was last season. I can't say that for definate but he was at Oxford last season and still couldn't get a move to another league 1 club. I didn't realise this at the time but that is one big alarm bell.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:23 pm 

Bate's contract at Leeds is up this summer I think? I would have him back on a free. He has plenty to learn but has shown enough promise and made himself a starter over more established players such as Robson and MJW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next