THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:25 pm 

Travis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:48 pm 

Gers wrote:
Travis

Absolutely wonderful - I regularly listen to The Man Who - one of those timeless albums that sound so unique, I can't believe it's over 22 years old

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:52 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
Gers wrote:
Travis

Absolutely wonderful - I regularly listen to The Man Who - one of those timeless albums that sound so unique, I can't believe it's over 22 years old

A friend of mine signed them. He's a Ladybit to be fair.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:03 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Genesis

The band that just sold their back catalogue for a sum equal to the UK national debt? Think again Scribble me old mucker.

I had to Google because one again, I know them. They did 3 shows at the o2 arena 6 months ago...

One of my all time faves - I last saw them at the Birmingham leg of the farewell (retirement?) tour last September

For me the Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel years are what I think of as the real Genesis, certainly Selling England by the Pound was the artistic zenith before the gentle decline into a poppier sound and virtual convergence with Phil Collins' hugely successful solo career, nice if you like that kind of thing

I was never a Collins fan in the Genesis context, it was almost as if he was embarrassed by the artistic legacy of the arch-prog Gabriel years and set about morphing the band into his own cheeky, upbeat image. That said, it was truly sad to see Phil so infirm that he sang the whole concert in Brum last year seated in a chair, and poignant that this time round I finally got to hear material that hadn't been aired since the 1970s, at least not in any of the gigs I have seen going back to the mid 80s

So I'm guessing that's all, curtain down for a final time - they might be newly gone, but after 40+ years of appreciation and regular listening to most of the catalogue they won't be forgotten here in the Old Farm anytime soon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:25 pm 

Quote:
I was never a Collins fan in the Genesis context, it was almost as if he was embarrassed by the artistic legacy of the arch-prog Gabriel years and set about morphing the band into his own cheeky, upbeat image. That said, it was truly sad to see Phil so infirm that he sang the whole concert in Brum last year seated in a chair, and poignant that this time round I finally got to hear material that hadn't been aired since the 1970s, at least not in any of the gigs I have seen going back to the mid 80s

So I'm guessing that's all, curtain down for a final time - they might be newly gone, but after 40+ years of appreciation and regular listening to most of the catalogue they won't be forgotten here in the Old Farm anytime soon
[/quote]
Spot on mate. saw them at Knebworth and didn't like the new stuff at all - and that was before all the 80s sh*te.
The guitar solo on 'Firth of Fifth' remains unparalleled in prog rock I'd say.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:25 pm 

Republica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:37 pm 

Japan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:40 pm 

Alejandro Showy Wales wrote:
Republica

Saffron has just supported Toyah on tour. So I'm guessing she must've played some Republica stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:59 pm 

Lighthouse Family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:52 am 

Medicine Head

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next