THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin~
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:12 am 

It'll be kind of ironic if Luton (our lovely neighbours) set Swansea on the path to relegation...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:20 am 

Said it for a while, Martin is a narcissist.

Watch his interview after the game. He's pretty much claiming that the reason we are doing well this season is because it's his squad who all brought into the 'process'.

We would not be 4th with that guy in charge, no way. I hope others on here can see that now. There were only a few of us that didn't really rate Martin and buy into the 'process'. I watched Swansea tonight and it was just like watching us under him. All the possession but the opposition look more dangerous and create more chances.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:24 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Said it for a while, Martin is a narcissist.

Watch his interview after the game. He's pretty much claiming that the reason we are doing well this season is because it's his squad who all brought into the 'process'.

Spot on about being a narcissist but to be fair to him his vision, tactics and selling of the project is a big reason as to where are now. Yes Sweeting nailed the recruitment and Manning has done a good job since, but Russ has been hugely important to our current on field success. Still a bit of a dick though

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 am 

This is what Martin said after the Swans-Luton game: 'By the end of it [his time here] we had a team that was ready, and I'm pretty sure has helped build the foundation for what they're doing this season. Liam Manning has done a brilliant job but he had a fantastic squad to work with.'

I'm not exactly desperate for the guy to flourish, but I don't see how anyone can argue with these particular comments. Manning has done a brilliant job, but Martin did leave a very solid foundation.

All that said, he's definitely in danger of getting a reputation as a coach who plays pretty football but loses matches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:19 am 

Cheered myself up this morning reading the Swans fans forum, yes they are getting disgruntled with style of play but owners also getting flack with not spending any real money frustrating his attempts to strengthen the squad. Could all end in tears there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:26 am 

Slight tangent but did you see the way Nathan Jones went on after the game? So glad we don't have a tool like him in charge. Luton doing really well though - fair play.

Jerome got the assist yesterday too!

Oh, and f**k Russel Martin! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:54 am 

Sparky wrote:
Cheered myself up this morning reading the Swans fans forum, yes they are getting disgruntled with style of play but owners also getting flack with not spending any real money frustrating his attempts to strengthen the squad. Could all end in tears there.

When the whole thing was in the middle of happening in the summer I tried to warn them that it would take a long time to get to the point we were at in looking up the table rather than down and I didn't think that with fans in the grounds he would get that long. I was laughed off as Swansea fans were saying that this is what they had been crying out for years. I have no sympathy for any of them whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:15 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
On a scouting trip in Guatemala this week... :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60492328

Nice one Bertie

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:19 pm 

Won 4, drew 1 of the past 5 games, keeping 3 clean sheets. Swansea now level on points with WBA and Preston who both were legitimate play off contenders two months ago and a top half finish is very likely. Maybe the form is picking up a little later than it did with us, but the situation feels oh so familiar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:36 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Won 4, drew 1 of the past 5 games, keeping 3 clean sheets. Swansea now level on points with WBA and Preston who both were legitimate play off contenders two months ago and a top half finish is very likely. Maybe the form is picking up a little later than it did with us, but the situation feels oh so familiar.

Trust the process. 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6