THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin*
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:53 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Nobody expected him To turn down the offer

This. I feel like a broken record talking about this but as I've said so many times before, the problem was not the fact that he left, it was the way that he handled it.

What was he expected to do? The offer came when it came. Should he have turned it down?

I loved his football and was sad that he went but I understand why he did at the time that he did. I bear him no ill will.

Good for you. I bear him all the ill will in the world.

What did I expect him to do? Well... not lying and saying "I'm not going anywhere" 24 hours before he arrived in Swansea would've been a start.

In that same interview where he said things change quickly in football and you never know what is next

So he knew he was off and should've done the respectable thing and admitted it there and then. If he cared about the fans he would have explained his decision and that it was an opportunity he felt he couldn't turn down. Don't blag your way through an interview and turn up and put in a half-arsed job against Bournemouth before having a car waiting outside the ground to take him straight to South Wales. We'd have still probably been a little frustrated at the time, but it certainly wouldn't mar so many of our opinions of him in the same way.

It may have been very close, but at the time of the interview it many not have been a guarantee. What would have happened if he said im off, then it falls through. Where do either of us go after that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:58 am 

Say what you like about him, and I actually think he's a bit of a div but I found Nathan Jones' interview before he left Luton to go to Southampton rather professional. Honest, didn't beat around the bush, spoke directly and didn't cover anything up.

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:15 am 

Just watched the highlights of the Brentford and Southampton game. It was like watching us, hilarious stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:21 am 

jeoff82 wrote:
Just watched the highlights of the Brentford and Southampton game. It was like watching us, hilarious stuff.

Read all the Southampton comments about "tippy tappy passing" with at least two of the goals coming from mistakes at the back, and saying Martin needs to adapt and change the style. Ha!! Good luck with that! The Ego is not for turning!

Sacked by November and dumped by Lucy Pinder. Couldn't happen to a bigger ladybird.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:24 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

Read all the Southampton comments about "tippy tappy passing" with at least two of the goals coming from mistakes at the back, and saying Martin needs to adapt and change the style. Ha!! Good luck with that! The Ego is not for turning!

Sacked by November and dumped by Lucy Pinder. Couldn't happen to a bigger ladybird.

Got promoted to the Premier League, got to manage in the Premier League, will be earning a tidy wage, will get a handsome payout, will probably get another Premier League or top end Chamionship job I'm sure he's fine with it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:33 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

Got promoted to the Premier League, got to manage in the Premier League, will be earning a tidy wage, will get a handsome payout, will probably get another Premier League or top end Chamionship job I'm sure he's fine with it

If he gets sacked he will probably take a few months off before getting the Norwich job and leading them to promotion as a returning club legend.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he will get sacked. I think they will improve as the season goes on and start to pick up points at home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18