THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Right, just watched the highlights. I’m sure some will think this is overly critical but McGill just has to do better with the first goal. Yes its a decent strike, but its not in the corner and its not into the roof of the net.

Its actually a pretty decent height for him. Really think he has to be getting a hand to that.

I was impressed with him overall, for the record.

I think Pattison had a lot of room that maybe he shouldn't ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:19 pm 

Players in the way tbf, hard for him to see, harsh to blame him imo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:15 pm 

I thought McGill played OK. The first goal when you see the slow mo replay you think that maybe he should've got a hand to it but it was just really well taken and blasted. It's hard to believe that it was the first pro match that he's ever started and therefore the first that he's also played a full match.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:58 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Right, just watched the highlights. I’m sure some will think this is overly critical but McGill just has to do better with the first goal. Yes its a decent strike, but its not in the corner and its not into the roof of the net.

Its actually a pretty decent height for him. Really think he has to be getting a hand to that.

I was impressed with him overall, for the record.

It's the speed of the shot, the crowd of players in front and it was also probably a surprise being the first shot of the game. I wouldn't expect a top level keeper to do better with how that flew in, let alone one in League Two

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:44 am 

If Marschall had played any of his games as well as McGill did overall, we'd have been saying he has promise and would be really solid with a bit more match experience ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:56 am 

I believe it's a bit harsh on McGill. However, whoscored.com predicted it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/18279 ... s-Bradford

See head to head.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:55 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I believe it's a bit harsh on McGill. However, whoscored.com predicted it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/18279 ... s-Bradford

See head to head.

Yeah that's harsh on McGill. He wasn't at fault for either goal and made a good save when Bradford broke through.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:04 am 

It's a new team and I think that it will take a while to gel. The sale news yesterday might have played a part as well. Some decent additions in the backline. And we had more than enough good chances to win.

Overall though we seem to be too easy to play against. MW and the coaching team know far more about tactics / set up than me for certain. However, teams don't have to do much to score against us and then drop into a low block which is tough to breakdown.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:11 am 

Personally I don't think Bratfurd were dire. I said before the kick off that, if they got a lead, Alexander would do his normal thing and have them dropping back defending the lead.

As well as we played in the second half, they allowed us to play. And we still can't break down a team that sits deep.

I liked the look of Lawrence and Kelly. Oh, and McGill is going bald.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 11:25 am 

McGill - definitely time up buddy. It's hard but take it from me, it'll look better when it's gone.

I thought he played well, btw. I think he should've done better with the first goal - but that shouldn't be a reflection on his overall performance. I think he should be going 2 handed and palming a shot like that. But what do I know.

- Louis C. K.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next