THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:46 pm 

Let’s have a party! Enjoy National League Carlisle.

”One of the best posters on here.” - keyser soze, 13.08.24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:09 pm 

Maybe Jackson was the one that got away.

Likeable guy, difficult inheritance and was so very close to staying up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:21 pm 

Zen wrote:
Maybe Jackson was the one that got away.

Likeable guy, difficult inheritance and was so very close to staying up.

If we didn’t bottle Barnsley game we would have done it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:23 pm 

Glad he's gone - now make the right decision FFS. For those who were around at the time, we were the club who turned down Brendon Rodgers - let's hope the new owners don't make the same mistakes as PW.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:27 pm 

DDMK52 wrote:
Glad he's gone - now make the right decision FFS. For those who were around at the time, we were the club who turned down Brendon Rodgers - let's hope the new owners don't make the same mistakes as PW.

In fairness he wasn't close to the manager he ended up being at the time

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:44 pm 

DDMK52 wrote:
we were the club who turned down Brendon Rodgers

Bullet fucking dodged there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:58 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Neilson I think remains the most unpopular manager we had.

The style under GA was shit but he seemed quite likeable. And I think it could've worked at another time, IE the previous season.

Neilson was stubborn for no good reason, took us from potential promotion chasers to League One relegation fodder on his own accord by replacing favourites with absolute duds from Scotland, and how he handled the Lewie situation was shameful.

Fuck that guy

Can't let this go without adding Tisdale to the mix. I hated that bloke and his football. It was quite successful in L2 because we had Aneke up front and a far better squad than the rest of L2. We'd sit off for 85 mins and then decide to attack right at the end, usually scoring and glossing over a woeful performance with 1 or 3 points. And he came across as a complete tosser as well. Completely in love with himself but with nothing to back it up. My order of wanting managers to leave is this:
Tisdale
Neilson
Alexander
MW

Completely disagree.

Bloke had a job and done it. We won promotion. Last game of the season or not, backs against the wall and skin of our teeth or not he done it.
Neither of the managers we've had in L2 since have done it.
In L1 his injury record was about as bad as its ever been here and I felt for him there. Though it was a good time to change, he was unlucky to be in that situation.
The football wasn't great but it was a zillion times more successful and beneficial than Alexander's was. His man managent was better and he did the job asked of him. I can't dislike someone who was successful in what he had to do.

Tisdale was definitely the worst for me. Made me want to stop watching football as we had the handbrake on all the time. Like Southgate at England.
We had the best squad in that league and he very, very nearly F'ed it up. Only others who were clear messing up meant that we went up. Then he'd play 6 defenders in the same line up in L1.
We were already on a downwards spiral with Neilson, although he was bad. Alexander had some good moments at the start.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:10 pm 

We'll agree to disagree. Personally think he did his job and in comparison to what we just seen last year, it's harder than it looks and he did it first time of asking. He achieved his goal. I'd rather that than "entertaining football" and suffer what we had last year.

Also, he played 6 defenders in League One because of an unbelivably torrid injury crisis. Bringing 2 defenders on 3-1 down to Tranmere was bizarre and frankly stupid but other selections I can't think of much else he could do. There's a reason we celebrated 0-0 draws to Coventry like we won the League because we were depleted

- Louis C. K.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:21 pm 

I don’t get the anti Tisdale rhetoric, he was given the task of taking the club up at the first attempt, he done that, football wise it wasn’t great, but we were all bleating about getting out of shitty league 2 asap, something Williamson failed to do spectacularly.

Nielsen will probably be the worst manager we will ever have, I can’t see anybody being worse than that tool, he alienated the players, supporters and the board all at the same time, some feat that

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:04 pm 

Gers wrote:
DDMK52 wrote:
we were the club who turned down Brendon Rodgers

Bullet fucking dodged there.

God bless that decision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next