THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:53 am 

Be fair Gers. I sat on the fence with pretty much everything I said - I understand the pace of the game. It was never going to be a belter which is why I’ve never been to Wembley to see England since 2010. Some performances were pedestrian, world class or not they mainly did nothing special but again I said I get it. I’d be totally fucked if Aneke got injured on international duty because he stretched for a tackle in a friendly game. He seems why I don’t actually mind the Neymar thing - people act like he was the only factor in making it a worthwhile appearence. Plenty of good footballers out there on both sides worth coming out to see alone.

On Monday I woke up at 4pm like usual ahead of my night shift. I woke up unwell but still went to work and came home and couldn’t sleep. I ended up awake all day, went to the Brazil match having been up well over 24 hours and had a night shift to conquer which I have just finished. I’ve been up nearly two days, and been extremely unwell for a few days. Maybe I was low and not having a beer and not eating etc helped make me feel miserable. But generally it was pretty dull but I always fancied it a bit of an obvious low key situation.

As for the Fan Zine, more like “Large room with fuck all inside..” seriously, where was the effort like with the England matches for the World Cup? Or the Tottenham game?? There were 4 plain walls, with a bar, a sweet shop and a burger stall.. I expected more from what I’ve seen from these events before, and at other grounds.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 am 

Thoroughly depressed by that.
Footie was ok, for a friendly, you can see why they are world class as the players are generally bigger, and more athletic.
But it was the crowd that was my downer. The parking in the trading estate was atrocious, parking on grass, on footpaths, blocking entrances,etc. Then at the match a constant stream of people - late to their seats, up and down the steps to the toilet or the kiosks, people half-jokingly saying the wanted a refund when Neymar went off.........
I think I'd prefer us to stay L1/Championship than risk turning into the circus of 'big' football.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:58 am 
Neymar comes off for Brazil during unimportant friendly game early after suffering injury which is later stated by Neymar as 'not serious and nothing to worry about'.

Kylian Mbappe comes off for France during unimportant friendly game early after suffering injury which is later stated by Deschamps as 'not as worrying as we first thought'.

Neymar and Mbappe play for PSG who play an important game against Liverpool a week today.

:?: :?:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:31 am 

Football wise, I thought it was one of the most boring games I've ever been to, even for a friendly.

They had a sub stripped off the second Neymar went down, before he was even assessed. Pretty disappointing.

Give me MK Dons over that every week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 am 

LouisMKD wrote:
Football wise, I thought it was one of the most boring games I've ever been to, even for a friendly.

They had a sub stripped off the second Neymar went down, before he was even assessed. Pretty disappointing.

Personally, I thought technically it was excellent. Plenty of chances created (Brazil had 24 shots on goal) and although the tempo dropped at times, that’s just the way top level football is. They go quick when they need to or the opportunity presents itself.

As for the Neymar thing, I’ve seen a few claiming that Richarlison was stripped off and ready, but ignoring the fact that Neymar was off the pitch in deep discussions with Tite about two minutes previously (while Firmino had a shot from an angle) and was obviously in pain before he went on that run and skied one into row z. That did for him, and it was the right, and a genuine, decision. The change was already in Tite’s mind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am 

Camdenite wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Personally, I thought technically it was excellent. Plenty of chances created (Brazil had 24 shots on goal) and although the tempo dropped at times, that’s just the way top level football is. They go quick when they need to or the opportunity presents itself.

As for the Neymar thing, I’ve seen a few claiming that Richarlison was stripped off and ready, but ignoring the fact that Neymar was off the pitch in deep discussions with Tite about two minutes previously (while Firmino had a shot from an angle) and was obviously in pain before he went on that run and skied one into row z. That did for him, and it was the right, and a genuine, decision. The change was already in Tite’s mind.

......and what about the lack of Bovril ?......how do you explain that ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am 

WellDon wrote:

One day you’ll see the sales figures* for Bovril and realise it’s a minority drink.

If stockpiling it in the cupboards because someone has a rant about it twice a season means that there’s less room for tea and coffee then it’s the right decision.

*-I’m on about football grounds in general, not just s:mk where someone is bound to respond with “of course it’s low, they’re always out of stock!”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:05 am 

Whose clever idea was it to put numbers on the Cameroon shirt without names and to sell a programme with the Cameroon names without numbers? Who was who?
Incompetence or cock-up?

Last edited by epdon on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am 

Steampunk Don wrote:
Thoroughly depressed by that.
Footie was ok, for a friendly, you can see why they are world class as the players are generally bigger, and more athletic.
But it was the crowd that was my downer. The parking in the trading estate was atrocious, parking on grass, on footpaths, blocking entrances,etc. Then at the match a constant stream of people - late to their seats, up and down the steps to the toilet or the kiosks, people half-jokingly saying the wanted a refund when Neymar went off.........
I think I'd prefer us to stay L1/Championship than risk turning into the circus of 'big' football.

We should be like the theatre and not let any late-comers in until half time.
Help preserve the peace and calm.
And as for anyone doing mexican waves....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am 

Camdenite wrote:
WellDon wrote:

One day you’ll see the sales figures* for Bovril and realise it’s a minority drink.

If stockpiling it in the cupboards because someone has a rant about it twice a season means that there’s less room for tea and coffee then it’s the right decision.

*-I’m on about football grounds in general, not just s:mk where someone is bound to respond with “of course it’s low, they’re always out of stock!”

.......should have ended that with.....I thank you, I’m here all week :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next